Wednesday, June 23, 2010

{baby vs. naptime}

I'm a terrible mother.

I've been trying to get the boy on somewhat of a schedule, which means I'm starting to let him "cry it out" a little bit when I put him down for a nap or when he wakes up before he's supposed to. The last couple days I've been letting him whimper and wail it out for a little while, in hopes that he'll soothe himself back to sleep. Hey, he's 2 months this week. Time to toughen up and take it like a man.

But it never fails: whenever I resolve to be stern & not immediately go check on him, almost every time I walk in to find him lying there in a pool of urine. He just lies there, helplessly, looking up at me with this smug look of disappointment, as if he's about to shake his head at me & say in his cross baby voice, "Now...see what you made me do?"

I swear, as soon as I leave the room, he is purposely loosening the velcro on his diaper just for a chance to rub it in.

No comments: